Life at Kerjacob .

Life at Kerjacob .

Monday 30 November 2015

Giving a new life to an old chair.






A few months ago I bought a few old chairs.
I wanted to start to give them a new life.





So this is the result for the first chair. I removed all the old fabric, painted the frame
with Annie Sloan chalk paint ( which I love using ) and then using old linen
recovered it and renewed the padding.






The braid on the corners was some that I've had for many years and I decided that
it would go so well with the linen cover.




The little cushion is made out of some old linen too - just an extra touch.
Now it will wait for someone to fall in love with it and it to go to a new home.




The rabbit is one of the new cushions that I showed in my post yesterday but today
I was able to take the photographs outside - the colours look better in the daylight.

2 comments:

  1. I too love Annie Sloan paint and the chair looks fabulous as does the cushion with the delightful hare.

    Hope you are enjoying the festive season so far, here in the SW of France the weather has been very mild :-)

    amicalement, Leeann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - at the moment we are in Bruges for 3 days - what a totally magical place !

      Delete