Life at Kerjacob .

Life at Kerjacob .

Sunday 4 March 2012

A gardening day at Kerjacob.







This last week has had some wonderful weather.
So the pull of the garden was just too much to resist.

The cutting back of shrubs and the tidying of borders began.







What delights lay in store for me.
The helebores are just beautiful now.
I cut away their old leaves which made them look even better.
Their pretty flowers shown off to perfection with new green leaves just beginning to open.






In the borders the tiny daffodils are coming out and the pulmonaria just lovely with their tiny blue, pink, and purple flowers.









In the banks of the lanes where we live the primroses are in full flower and in the garden too.













The bees and butterflies are back and enjoying visiting the flowers for their pollen.









The sun was so warm whilst I worked that I was able to feel the warmth on my skin as the layers came off. I just love the sun and the Spring so much.
It makes you feel SO good.











I just love this particular hellebore with its subtle colouring .




Whilst I worked on the flower beds Mr P was starting to dig over the vegetable garden.
The leeks are still doing well but soon it will be time to start to plant potatoes, onions and garlic.


1 comment: