Life at Kerjacob .

Life at Kerjacob .

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Borlotti bean harvest.









On Saturday I worked out in the vegetable garden.
In the sun it was warm and I started to collect the borlotti beans that were getting dry and ready to shed their beautiful contents.




I just love the shape and colour of the beans, they remind me of little eggs with their delicate markings.
Later I spread them out on the marble table to let them begin to dry out.



On Sunday after I'd cooked our dinner I left the beans in the cooling oven to continue to dry.



The first pickings will be stored for me to use over the winter months.
Later in the week I'll go out in the garden and collect more of this beautiful autumn bounty.




3 comments:

  1. not only do they taste divine but they look gorgeous too..
    Hugs Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are stunning, little works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look like little speckled eggs so pretty.

    ReplyDelete